- More than 60,000 Angelenos are living with HIV/AIDS today and that number keeps rising. Every day, eight more Angelenos contract HIV.
- Right now, one in five people living with HIV doesn’t know she or he is infected. Meanwhile, his or her infection is progressing, raising the risk of transmission to someone else.
- HIV/AIDS has killed 32,000 Angelenos over 30 years.
- Gay men and people of color continue to be at high risk. In fact, one in three gay, African American men in LA is HIV-positive. Nationwide, the number rises to one in two.
- In the U.S., more than 1.2 million people are living with HIV and there’s another new infection about every nine minutes.